view of the Vinton War Memorial at dusk with lights illuminating the building

Our History

The Vinton War Memorial was originally conceived as the centerpiece of an 11.5-acre park that could be enjoyed by the community while honoring those who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country during World War II.

The park was completed in 1946 and the two-story brick building known as the Vinton War Memorial was dedicated and opened to the public on August 20, 1948. Initially, it included the town's library, small meeting rooms and the Dogwood Ballroom.

Following an extensive renovation in 2007, the Vinton War Memorial reopened in 2008 as a premier event venue.

What you can expect

  • Capacity of 250+ in the Grand Dogwood Ballroom
  • Multiple meeting and banquet rooms
  • Elegant, modern décor
  • Lustrous hardwood flooring
  • Mahogany podiums and portable bars
  • Baby Grand Piano
  • LCD projectors and screens
  • Wireless Internet service
  • Use of state-of-the-art audio and video system with microphones, satellite radio, music and computer connections
  • Full ADA accessibility with ramps and an elevator
  • Two hundred on-site parking spaces
  • Veteran, Nonprofit, and environmental discounts
  • Professional staff present
view down the street in downtown Vinton.